Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wonderful Writing from Year 3 and 4 Students

The Big Slide

Wow! As I got out of the shiny silver car my poor little eyeballs nearly popped out of my poor little head. Right there in front of me was a slide. Not just any slide. This was the biggest slide I had ever seen! As I climbed up the wavy black ladder, Dad called out "Hey Tommy, apparently it's a lot faster with a blanket," and he chucked me a small blue blanket. "Thanks Dad." I called back.

I slowly approached the immense shiny slide. I estimated about six metres long, jumped on the blanket lickity-split and went flying down the slide. Wind whipping in my face and the sound of children playing merrily rung in my ears.

I was nearing the bottom of the fantastic slide and... bump! I flew off the end like a big black canon firing across the open turquoise seas and landed on my feet with a thud. I ran up to Dad beaming "That was sooo much fun!!!"

Dragonrider
Year 4
Room 17

No comments:

Post a Comment