Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wonderful Writing from Year 3 and 4 Students

Wood Chopping

"Dad, where's a base?" I asked my Dad as I scanned the wood frantically like a car maker trying to find a bolt. I found the perfect one it was chubby and moderately tall for a block of solid wood. I adjusted the block of wood so I could start chopping.

Chop! Slice! I was hacking as hard as the world's best axe men would in a competition. Although I had an old tommohawk with a wobbly handle it wasn't rusty and it could still cut wood fine, but not this piece.

After a couple hundred swift, careful chops, I had to cut my chunky base up. I let my Dad have one whack and he split it in two uneven pieces with one powerful blow, that wood is as soft as an increedy ball. But now I was going to split the thin half into puny quarters, one swift blow from me and it was a delicate pencil falling over.

Utar
Year 4
Room 17

No comments:

Post a Comment